Restaurant #5 - La Casa del Mojito

Restaurant #5 in my new restaurants challenge might be my best find thus far. La Casa del Mojito in North Seattle's hidden gem. I'm baffled that not only had I never been here before, I'd never ever heard of this place! This is THE perfect little place to duck out of Seattle's gray, cold weather and enjoy some savory Latin American fare. The walls inside are painted vibrant shades of yellow, orange, and green, you can feel the warmth radiating throughout this cozy restaurant.

Most of my friends ordered the Parilla Luigi (pictured above); lime marinated steak, tostones, black beans and rice, and an amazing guacamole-like concoction. I ordered a traditional Argentinean dish which while not as aesthetically pleasing was quite delicious! Paired with some slamming mojitos and beers, we had ourselves quite a delicious night!

New Seattle Restaurants Tried in 2011
1. June
5. La Casa del Mojito

Where should I go next?

9 comments

carolina @ patagonia gifts said...

oh my goodness! it looks delish! but I must say it's not quite traditional Argentinian... you must visit us in Argentina and try our steak, you won't regret it, I swear! how lucky you are to have so many options of restaurants to go next! xo

And So I Whisper said...

Would love one of those tostones or "patacones" as we call them. Food looks delicious.

Noodles and Waffles said...

I love restaurants that are painted in bright colors. I heard about a puerto rican in Sacramento that was painted a vibrant green that has been asked by the city council to repaint the facade because it doesn't match the other buildings in the neighborhood. My thought - isn't that the point?!? Great post.

Diana Mieczan said...

That dish looks so good:) I love places like this one. So happy and with bright colours:) Kisses, sweetie

Ps: I’m hosting an EmersonMade GIVEAWAY today! Just in time for spring:)

kelli g. { bug miscellany } said...

yummy! i'm really enjoying your reviews. they're so handy!

Linda said...

Yum. I've never heard of this place. I'll check it out next time I'm in the area!

alexandra grecco said...

that first photo is great!

xo
alexandra

www.alexandragrecco.etsy.com

Erika Peterson said...

I've passed this place so many times and still have yet to go! I'll have to make a point to do so.

I would recommend: La Carta de Oaxaca, Marcello, Boat Street Cafe (breakfast!), emmer&rye (1/2 price wine on Wed) or The Pink Door.

There are so many to choose from, but thought I'd name a few I love.

Erica said...

love this place! it's so perfect for a little dinner party :)