Dinner Last Night: Penne in Almond Sauce

Dinner last night was a Giada recipe I've been wanting to try for a while now, but haven't been able to make since I don't own a blender. But last week, I purchased a wannabe Magic Bullet mini-blender, and have been blending up a storm. Giada's Penne in Almond Sauce has the texture of a rich alfredo sauce but with less calories (if you omit the heavy cream as I did). I found the blended almonds and chicken stock once reduced thickened to a suitable sauce-like texture. The peas and parmesan add an extra splash of color and flavor which really complete the dish.

image/foodnetwork

3 comments

Nicki said...

This looks amazing! YUM!

samantha ramage said...

i haven't eaten lunch yet.. this looks too good! must try!

xo
sami

Natalie said...

This sounds incredible! Definitely want to try this.

Thank you for stopping by my blog -- loving yours!