Dinner Last Night: Spicy Chicken Fried Rice with Peanuts

Dinner last night was spicy chicken fried rice with peanuts. This was my first attempt at this type of rice dish, and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was. Initially, I was very paranoid that I'd overcook the rice before the actual stir fry. I must've checked it every 30-seconds for about 5 minutes, but thankfully it turned out just right. The peanuts and water chestnuts are a must and add a variety of textures to this dish. Would make again!

3 comments

stephanie [the merry way] said...

this looks yummy!

stephanie. said...

do you have trader joe's? they have the best rice in the frozen section. it's just plain brown rice (or white if you prefer) and takes 3 minutes to cook and is perfect every time! makes dishes like these so much quicker! if i'm near an asian restaurant when i'm out and about, i'll pick up cooked brown rice too. easy and cheap.

Erika Peterson said...

I made this last night and it was tasty! The brown rice took longer than expected, so we didn't eat until after 8pm :)