Book Club

My book club met Monday night to chat about our latest read - The Help. If you haven't read this book, it's a must! Even my friends in the group who are less than keen on reading every book cover to cover enjoyed it.

As for the club itself, typically, the host picks the book, and then provides dinner for everyone who attends. We've been rotating the hostess job and this time, we congregated at Jessica's condo. For dessert, Carrie brought "prison cheesecake," the star dessert in our last read, the true-life prison novel, Orange is the New Black. Surprisingly, prison cheesecake (laughing cow, coffee creamer, and vanilla pudding mashed together in a graham cracker crust) was pretty good!

Excited for our new meeting!

image/amazon

7 comments

Randi said...

A friend of mine suggested that I read The Help a few months ago. Although I did buy it, it has been sitting on the shelf for awhile as I always seem to pick up other books to read. After reading this, however, I will make an effort to dive into The Help as soon as I finish my current read. Thanks for the suggestion!

http://www.wildmagnolia9.blogspot.com

Leslie said...

I've heard really good things about this novel; I'll have to check it out! Your book club sounds like such fun! :)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I loved The Help, and I actually JUST read Orange is the New Black on the plane this last weekend. Fascinating!

Linn said...

Sounds like a great evening:)

Have a great day, and make the book tips coming...

Bye

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Loved this book so much!! My mom is going to start reading it now too, I tell her what our book club book is and she reads the same one! haha!

Padgett Hoke said...

I loved this book, and I love the book club I am in - so fun to have an excuse to get together and eat, chat and be happy!

Irene said...

So much fun! I actually JUST finished The Help and found it absolutely wonderful and moving.