Delicioso Paella

Our paella cooking class was a soaring success. Unfortunately I was so wrapped up in cooking I forgot to take pictures, so I opted for a delicious looking paella image via google.

Here's a glimpse at our cooking menu.
  • Sauteed squid salad over arugula
  • Seafood paella Valenciana
  • Chicken and chorizo paella
  • Natillas
  • Red wine soaked oranges

We made all of these dishes over the course of 3-1/2 hours, in between some Spanish history, friendly, conversation, and glasses of a bountiful Spanish Rioja wine. Delicioso! I must admit, I was a bit nervous about the squid. I've never been a squid fan myself - not even the breaded and fried calamari, but the squid salad was unique and refreshing. I may even be a squid convert! Who knew? One of the best dishes of the evening (aside from the paella entrees of course) was the creamy Spanish custard natillas, poured over red wine soaked oranges. Absolutely delicious!

image/myrecipes

1 comment

Stacy said...

Ooooh that sounds delicious!