Cheese Festival '10

Last weekend my friends and I went to one of my fave Seattle festivals - The Seattle Cheese Festival at Pike Place Market. And the weather made it all the better, Saturday was an absolutely gorgeous day; blue, cloudless skies, Seattle sun, and plenty of free cheese to go around!

This festival is comprised of vendors from all over Washington that bring their fresh cheeses to be sampled. The Pike Place Market corridor is brimming with fresh cheeses for the tasting, from bleu cheese to Gouda to Manchego and beyond...it's AMAZING!

My friends and I had a great time. We bought fresh baguettes at Le Panier to accompany our cheese selection, and popped into the wine tent for some vino as well. All in all - a great day out with the girls!

images/nwwining&dining

11 comments

Diana Mieczan said...

Cheese and wine, great combo...I wish we would have something like that here:)
In two weeks I am going for a French Festival and I will do the same...lots of wine and good good:)
Kisses and happy Monday

Leigh said...

bah... i LOVE cheese and wine! i wish we had one of those around here!

Mary said...

One of the best combinations ever to be sure - cheese and wine.

I just tagged you in a post on my blog. It's a good excuse to vent. Wanna play along?

http://mwazloves.blogspot.com/2010/05/grumpy-and-happy.html

teresa-bug said...

I can think of nothing better than a CHEESE fest!!! Throw some wine and bread in there...I'd be in heaven. Wish there was one of those around here!!!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Sooo much fun! I'm going to do my post tomorrow (I didn't have my pictures with me today).

Unknown said...

Wow, this sounds like my kind of festival! Heaven!

Anonymous said...

this sounds like the best dream I would ever be able to have. i ENVY you, so badly.

Nicole Marie said...

love city festivals :)

Carissa Thilgen said...

that sounds like a great way to spend a day! and I don't even like cheese! haha. but count me in on the baguette and vino :)

there's a wine festival coming up in Paso Robles this weekend that I'm dying to go to... I hope I can make it!

Jodi said...

oh yum. sounds tempting. a friend of mine always joke that at parties we can always be found next to the brie and crackers.

Christine Vi said...

Wow that sounds fantastic. I haven't been to a cheese festival before.