Appreciate Your Teacher

In case you didn't know it's teacher appreciation week. As an elementary teacher, I can personally attest to all the hard work and effort we teachers do to help our students be successful in all that they do. Make sure you show your child's teacher appreciation this week!

Today, my students brought me fresh flowers today; lilacs, tulips, roses, peonies, and sunflowers, freshly picked from their yards. It was such a sweet gesture of recognition, and made for a lovely, fragrant bouquet that is perfuming my classroom as we speak.

image/littlesussy

12 comments

Holly said...

thank you teacher! i am envious of your job, id love the courage to do what you do.

the southern hostess said...

How sweet! Peonies are my favorite.

Nicole Marie said...

awww so sweet!! i'm learning more everyday how hard teachers work. so thank you!

Anonymous said...

I had no idea! My boyfriend is a teacher, so thank you for alerting me.
And thank you to you, also!

Diana Mieczan said...

So sweet! Teachers have such a hard job..Not only dealing with children but with their parents too :)
Kisses :)

Lindsay said...

Yay teachers! Glad your students remembered all the hard work you do :)

Anonymous said...

Yay for teachers! I wrote about Teacher Appreciation Week this morning. I'm sure your students are lucky to have you!

Mary said...

Thank you to all teachers! Great reminder and beautiful flowers.

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Hurrah for teachers! I'm one, too.
Don't think it's Teacher Appreciation Day in Canada though... Haven't seen any flowers or gifts on my desk so far this week!

Christine Vi said...

That's so sweet of your students! Teachers really do need to be appreciated more. You do so much for children and thank you so much!

Anna said...

beautiful; flowers.
ive just stumbled across your lovely blog!
x

dee said...

I'm so glad you reminded me of this. My husband is a teacher! Last night I made a really good dinner (BIG stretch for me to be in the kitchen!) and completely cleaned the house, on top of completing a full work day. I felt very domestic. I think I'm going to tell him that was just part of his teacher appreciation week, haha!