Summer Reading List

Any other recommendations?

What's on your list?

22 comments

Unknown said...

great suggestions! i loved the glass castle so i can't wait to read half broke horses.

Nicole Marie said...

you should read fireply lane! so good!

Elle said...

I bought and then completely forgot about 'half broke horses', so I'm excited to read that (again) & I started reading 'committed' but I never could finish it.
What a great idea to set up a summer reading list, Im going to do this for myself as well!

Diana Mieczan said...

I definitely have to read Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert! Thanks for reminding me :)
Hmm…I recommend Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. If you liked Eat,Pray,Love you will love this one:)

Great selection,
Kisses

Vivian said...

Love your list... aarghhh.... finding English books around here can be such a challenge... but I could just order a bunch online, I guess I'm not that savvy! ;)

My foreigner friends and I set up a little book exchange around here, we all have so few English books that they're golden and passed around. We get so excited about them! I'm currently mostly re-reading classics...

I hate to admit it (as an English major), but I have loads of guilty pleasures too, books I hide behind my Mark Twain and Dostoyevsky... (ahem, 'The Devil Wears Prada type of books!)

Mary said...

Good suggestions - I haven't read any of these! I just finished The Book Thief, which I enjoyed. Olive Kitteridge was good. Now I'm going back to read The Poisonwood Bible - very much enjoying it so far!

jenna said...

I read Committed and Half-Broke horses recently - both are good, esp. Committed. If you like Elizabeth Gilbert, you should check out her novel - Stern Men - it's a nice summer read.

tintarosa said...

I'm reading Olive Kitteridge right now. I just finished The Roses which I thoroughly enjoyed. Next, is Spoken from the Heart by Laura Bush.

Unknown said...

I'm reading Pops: Louis Armstrong and I am really enjoying it! :)

One of my all time favorite books is Outlander by Diana Gabaldon... that is an any-season read! :) As far as I'm concerned! Happy reading! :)

Randi said...

Elizabeth Gilbert is just brilliant and her new book is amazing. I finished it shortly after it came out. I haven't read "Half Broke Horses" just yet but I've heard great things about it. I enjoyed the Glass Castle so I imagine Walls' latest book to be equally as wonderful.

wildmagnolia9.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I started working on a book to do list blog post a few weeks ago and haven't published it yet! Hopefully today I can just do it.

Thanks for the great suggestions... I'll have to add them to my mental list! I am looking forward to "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch, "The Carrie Diaries" by Candace Bushnell, and "The Secret Life of Emily Dickinson" by Jerome Charyn.

...there are so many more!

Brittany said...

those are great summer books! i'm also reading a reliable wife and little bee.

Lara said...

fantastic pics! three of them are also on my list. can't wait to read what you think of jeanette walls and elizabeth gilbert :)

Keri said...

i read John Steinbeck - East of Eden every summer. its probably my favorite book.
Some other good ones I think everyone should read:
Bel Canto - Ann Patchett
La Prisonniere - Malika Oufkir
and the trilogy by Steig Larsson - Girl with the dragon tatoo, girl who played with fire, and girl who kicked the hornets nest. - they arent like what i usually read but they are so good!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

The Julia Child book is on my list!

Katie said...

It's taking me a looong time to get through To Kill A Mockingbird - due to a lack of time, not lack of interest! So for the moment I have nothing new on my to read list. Might have to check out your suggestions when I do get some reading time though..

Jeanna said...

Hey chica! Great summer reading list! I'm dying to read the sequel to "Eat, Pray, Love" too!

I'm from Seattle too, and have a local/guest blogging opportunity for you, but couldn't find your email or a way to contact you on this site. Can you email me? jeanna.barrett@gmail.com.

Thanks!!

Stevie said...

Currently reading "Little Bee" and LOVING it so far.

The Elegance of the Hedgehog is on my list, too!

I just finished reading Her Fearful Symmetry - written by the same gal who wrote Time Traveler's Wife - and loved most of it. But it would be a great summer read.

I've also got several books by Sam Harris and Christopher Hitchens on my list, but they may be a bit too heavy for sunny, summer days!

Lacey said...

I'm currently listening to the audio book of My Life In France and it is fabulous!!

the southern hostess said...

I'm reading My Life in France right now. It's as lovely as you would imagine.

Unknown said...

Gone with the Wind. Have you read it? I never have but my bff just did and can't stop talking about it. Have you read Barbara Kingsolver? I really love her stuff, esp. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle! Great suggestions from you too - I love knowing what others are into!

Anderson Shenanigans said...

Still Alice by Lisa Genova. You have to have a box of kleenex ready, but it's a great book!