Dream Job

What's your dream job? Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE being a teacher. Elementary ed is fantastic; rewarding, pleasantly unpredictable, and I leave everyday with a pocket full of stories...but there are other occupations I think I would also truly enjoy... If I could try any job in the world, I'd be a travel correspondent like Samantha Brown. Wouldn't it be amazing to be paid to travel the world and then report about it to others?! Beyond the obvious parks (free lodging, food, + primo sight-seeing), would be the opportunity to experience so many amazing places around the globe. (sigh) I'm a sucker for the Travel Channel, it's actually a little embarrassing how many travel shows clog my DVR on a daily basis: Sam Brown, Anthony Bourdain, among others...I would LOVE their job! So I'm curious, what's your dream job? image/travelchannel

14 comments

Melanie's Randomness said...

To get paid to travel would be amazing. My dream job would be to work for Disney making movies. I loved them since I was little & to be able to use all their programs & work their inspirations would be so cool!!

Vivian said...

Oh, she does have the coolest job, doesn't she?? I'd love that too!

My dream job? Something along those lines.. or be the editor of a fabulous magazine...

Erin {pughs' news} said...

I'd own my own children's bookstore/tea room. It would be like the one in You've Got Mail. I'd spend my days reading aloud and chatting with authors and making my store look pretty. With twinkle lights in the window...

I'd love the travel reporter job too, though. Talk about perks!

Christy said...

There is this show on Saturday afternoons called Get Out. The hosts on the show are these not so smart bikini models. I just love watching the show and getting a kick at how horrible they are at their job and wishing I could just replace them as they travel the world being horrible hosts.

Slices of Beauty... said...

Working at home in a stylish pj!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

The same - Samantha Brown! She has it made! How did she get to be so lucky?!

Diana Mieczan said...

Your pick sounds really great! I would love to do that too....I think I have my dream job or better say jobs:)
Kisses and have a great day!
Muah

tam pham said...

Bourdain is my idol. He's actually making stop in my hometown of Tulsa during his book tour. Can't wait to see him!

*D* said...

my exact dream job as well :)

Brittany said...

that sounds amazing! if that was taken, i'd love to be an entertainment writer- interview actors, musicians, get inside their heads.

Nicole Marie said...

that is my exact dream job!!
strangely i would also loooveee to be a tour guide.

Anonymous said...

I think being a movie producer like Jeffrey Katzenberg or Brian Grazer would be a great job. Having the power to put together a team of writers, directors, and actors for a film project you believe in must be a great feeling.

Pretty Pleased said...

I am in toatal agreement that Samantha Brown has one of the best work environments on the planet...I may also dream of being a dolphin trainer at seaworld from time to time:)

Amanda said...

She does have the best job doesn't she...traveling is something that so many of us want to do and yet life seems to get in the way. We'll all have to live vicariously through her.