Sorbet Pie

My Cooking Light came yesterday, packed with recipes for summer entertaining. On that popped out at me as being especially delightful and intriguing in the splendor of sorbet article was - sorbet pie. I'm a fool for ice cream of any sort; the real stuff, gelato, and of course, fresh fruit-laden sorbet. I searched endlessly for a photo but came up short. In lieu I'll include CL's how-to-make directions.

Make Sorbet Pies:
Spread slightly softened sorbet into a cookie-crumb or graham cracker piecrust; freeze until firm, then top with a thin layer of meringue or whipped topping. Fill a chocolate crust with strawberry sorbet, or use lemon sorbet in a gingersnap crust. Sprinkle the top with fresh berries or chocolate shavings.

I'm definitely going to try making one of these this summer!

image/cookinglight

4 comments

Diana Mieczan said...

This is really great for summer and it must taste yum too :)
I actually never made sorbet so I will make this one for sure!
Kisses

Caroline said...

This sounds incredible! xo

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Mmmm delish!

the southern hostess said...

What a great idea! I'll try it too.