Mothers Day Recap

We celebrated Mother's Day with a family feast at my parents house. We dined on delicious Kalbi marinated ribs, avocado, pomegranate, and feta salad, and baked potatoes with all the fixings at my parents house. After dinner, my mom and I went to a 7:15 showing of the new documentary Babies.

The movie was a little different than I'd anticipated, but a good show nonetheless. I'd expected a narrator or some kind of voice over to navigate the audience through the very different lives of these 4 babies. However, there's almost no dialogue in the movie, aside from parent-infant chatter. It's interesting to see the similarities between parents and children from rural Namibia and Mongolia to very urban Tokyo and San Francisco. Also, many funny moments, including babies interacting with their local animals, and of course sibling rivalry; which is apparently the same 'round the globe, even down to the biting, hitting, and hair pulling.

Anyone else seen it yet? How was your Mother's Day?

5 comments

Leesh said...

My husband and I just saw the trailer last night and we hope to watch it soon. It looks adorable!

Nicole Marie said...

oh i want to see that!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you reviewed the documentary because it's on my must see list! Like you, I would have assumed there would be a narrarator - how interesting!

Diana Mieczan said...

I definitely should see that movie!
Thanks for the post and I am so happy you had a great Mother's Day :)
Kisses

Melissa Blake said...

I want to see this sooo bad, but it's not at my theater yet! :(