The September Issue

In case you haven't heard of it yet - The September Issue is the real story behind The Devil Wears Prada. It's a documentary following esteemed Vogue editor Anna Wintour for several months as the magazine prepares to put out their legendary September issue. If you're like me and go, "Why is the September issue so special?" Let me tell you...this issue is the trendsetter, and kicks off the next season of fashion, trends, and all that is to follow.

Having read The Devil Wears Prada and owning the movie, I was curious to see if the movie was true to form. While she's got a flat affect, she doesn't seem to fill the shoes as the cold-hearted "Ice Woman" Meryl Streep played in the movie.

Ultimately, I found it interesting and fun documentary (especially since I'm not usually one for documentaries). Check it out!

3 comments

Vivian said...

Oh I loved it! I watched it a few months ago with my friend who's also into fashion, we loved it! I'm so fascinated with Anna Wintour...

Carissa Thilgen said...

I've wanted to see this! I'll have to put it on my to-do list!

Anonymous said...

fun! i've been wanting to see this since it was in theaters, but never got the chance. i'll be sure to persuade my husband to watch it with me for our next movie in ;]