Tea Time

These days, I find myself a tea enthusiast. When I bought my house in October, I went on a bit of a tea binge, stocking my cupboard full of a plethora of tea varieties, not really so much for the flavors themselves, but just to have the satisfaction of living in a house with filled shelves.

Perhaps my fave tea is Market Spice - it's a local Seattle tea, spicy-orangy-cinnamon goodness in every sip! But lately I've been dabbling with Celestial Seasons Bengal Spice and Mandarin Orange Spice. Anyone else see a pattern here? Can you tell I like spicy tea? Of course I try and balance these out with Bigelow's Green Tea with Pomegranate and Yogi's Honey Lemon for those scratchy throat kind of days.

But now...after all that purchasing, alas I'm kind of bored with my tea shelf. Don't get me wrong, I won't deny my Seattle roots because I'm first and foremost a coffee-in-the-morning kind of girl, but I usually retire in the evenings with tea and a good book (wow that comment just aged me 20 years...).

Are any of you out there tea drinkers as well? What's your fave?

image/greenlight

11 comments

Rachel said...

i heart tea too - especially when i am working from home. lately, i have been surprised to find that i am enjoying vanilla tea! it sounds like an unlikely tea flavor, but it makes me feel like i am eating dessert too!

Anonymous said...

Love tea! I've always just been a boring, standard sort of tea drinker (English breakfast, and nothing else) but lately I've been trying to cut back on my caffeine intake so have been enjoying some fruit teas. Strawberry and mango is definitely my favourite!

teresa-bug said...

I am a big fan of Earl Grey. But, like you, I also like spice teas. Chai is my favorite. (not the kind in the box...just a tea bag)

thebluemuse, phd said...

I love Celestial Seasonings "True Blueberry." It's a bit tart/tangy, but very tasty!

Kim said...

Trader Joe's has a lovely blueberry green tea...

Stevie said...

I love English and Irish Breakfast. I also like Earl Grey and Lady Grey (Lady Grey has the bergamot flavor, but with a little more citrus. It's delicious and REALLY good iced!)

I also love Rooibos. I prefer it just plain, but it's good with other flavors, too. Market spice actually has a Market Spice Rooibos that you would probably really love. It has the spiciness of the market spice, but the earthiness of the Rooibos. (Also really good iced!)

Lacey said...

I've always been a coffee girl too but really started getting into tea a couple of years ago. Two of favorites are Revolution's Earl Grey with Lavender and Harney & Sons' Paris blend. I just love curling up with a cup of tea, a book, and some kind of luxurious little cookie.

Little E said...

I LOVE tea! Since I am not a coffee drinker, tea has always been my go to caffeine pick me up and my morning ritual to sip on while driving to work. I like most teas but chai is my favorite. Like you, I tend to gravitate to spicy teas. The most uncommon one I have tried is Moose Munch flavor from Harry and David! It was sweet and carmel-ly flavored. YUM!

Anonymous said...

i am and always have been a tea-over-coffee girl. mighty leaf teas are super yummy... but my fave teas are actually korean: yulmucha (a peanuty milky tea) & barley tea. they are super soothing :]

Erin {pughs' news} said...

I love tea, and drink copious amounts each day.

I like a black vanilla tea, and here in Victoria they make a fab concoction called the Mad Hatter- it has hints of pomegranate and citrus. Mmmmm!

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.