My Go-To Recipe

Do you have a go-to recipe? You know the kind...when there is nothing in your fridge, your pantry is paltry, and you are STARVING? Well, this is my go-to in a jam recipe because it requires few ingredients, and these are usually staples I have on hand anyway, (even in a barren- fridge-kind-of-situation). It's Giada's Lemon Spaghetti - because it always turns out great, and it's unbelievably easy!

The main ingredients are: pasta, lemon juice, lemon zest, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt, and pepper. It calls for basil, but let's face it, how often do you have fresh basil on hand? I mean, I rarely do. I literally make this at least a few times a month, because it really is so light, simple, and always ends up tasting great!

So now my question is...what is your go-to recipe? This could be a meal you make frequently, or an dinner you resort to because it's continually easy and delicious...I'm very curious as I could use a little variety in my go-to recipe routine.

Giada's Lemon Spaghetti

Ingredients


  • 1 pound spaghetti
  • 2/3 cup olive oil
  • 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
  • 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon lemon zest
  • 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves

Directions

Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk the oil, Parmesan, and lemon juice in a large bowl to blend.
Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Toss the pasta with the lemon sauce, and the reserved cooking liquid, adding 1/4 cup at a time as needed to moisten. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon zest and chopped basil.
recipe/foodnetwork
image/somethingsoclever

13 comments

Jenni said...

my go to is pan-roasted lemon chicken with artichoke hearts :)
http://jenni-helloworld.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-favorite-dish.html

Unknown said...

That pasta sounds amazing...simple and refreshing! I'll have to try it.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Ohh yummy!!!!

Stacy said...

yum! Sounds scrumptious! :)

Unknown said...

this sounds so simple and delish! i am totally making it tomorrow night. my go to is (and we are going to it tonight as a matter of fact)...lentil soup with veggie broth, carrots, onion and a little bit of parmesan. it's stuff that i always have on hand and it's healthy and YUMMY :)

Katie said...

Spaghetti carbonara or a simple eggs in tomato sauce - like this one on Smitten Kitchen http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/09/eggs-in-tomato-sauce-contest-winners/
Although at the moment I'm in a food funk, any suggestions for simple healthy food for a lazy cook?

Pretty Zesty said...

Oh yeah- this looks amazing!!

Keri said...

if you have steak on hand, you can fry it up in a pan. and make a sauce out of lemon juice, mustard and butter. its soo yummy and super quick since the steaks only take 4-5 minutes aside.. or until desired doneness.

if you have mushrooms in the baron fridge another really easy idea is to marinate the mushrooms in lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and basil (dried) for 30mins. then you broil them til they are light brown.

Anonymous said...

Ohh, my go-to is always soft boiled eggs. I always have eggs in the fridge, no exception, but what I dip in the eggies is the variable: toast, asparagus, bacon in the freezer, breadsticks... lots of pantry items and vegetables that need to get eaten, asap :)

Anonymous said...

it's look delicious!

the southern hostess said...

Yum. I'll have to try this.

Anonymous said...

haha, your go-to recipe looks way tastier & substantial than mine! i just boil soba noodles & mix with sesame oil, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes. it was a too-frequent meal when i was a college student hahah

Anonymous said...

I love this recipe too! When I have leftovers, I whip it into an easy and delish torta. Perfect brunch dish! Here's the recipe:

http://hithaonthego.com/2010/03/07/pasta-and-the-godfather/