I Need To Plan A Vacation

I've got the vacation itch - I usually get this familiar ache when I'm anticipating an upcoming vacation but feel the need to book another on the calendar, just so I have something to look forward to once I've returned. This weekend, I'm headed out of town with some girlfriends for a quick getaway, but now all I can think of is...where should I go next?? Yes, yes, I do have my big adventure to Japan just a few short months away in mid-July, but I'm excited to get some weekend trips on the calender. Right now I'm dreaming about returning to New York City and staying at the swanky hotel The Standard, right in the heart of the ever-buzzing Meatpacking District. I used to try and visit NYC at least once a year, but sadly the last time I was there was August 2007, which seems like an eternity ago... Where are you looking to book your next weekend getaway? images/thestandard

6 comments

{ CopyStrands } said...

My next two vacations are Paris for two weeks in July and Savannah, Georgia for a week in the fall! I hear you on needing something to look forward to I'm big into booking vacations ahead of time :)

Anonymous said...

I'd love to do a weekend in Edinburgh or Budapest! But most of my money is going straight into savings for a much longer vacation this summer.

Unknown said...

i just got back from Puerto Rico...no thank you. doing a little planning for Savannah, GA and a couple of beach trips this summer

Christy said...

OMG I feel like that when I return from a trip and there is NOTHING on my calender to look forward to. It's a bit depressing. I think I'm the type of person that needs that trip to survive if you know what I mean. It's hard to do when my boss doesn't give me vaca and I have to beg for an unpaid day. Lame. But I love your weekend getaways!

Erika Peterson said...

I'm so with you on that one. Vacation is calling my name!

ashley // chasing heartbeats said...

I SO feel so about having the travel itch. I am always scouring my calendar to plan weekends away. Now its been over a month without leaving town and I definitely am looking forward to the next escape.
Next on the list? Paris in two weeks (woot, woot!) and then hopefully a real vacation (like more than a few days...) in July to Croatia.
p.s. love your blog!
xox ashley