5-Year Journal

I bought this 5-year, one-line-a-day memory book per Nicole's suggestion, and I have to say it was one of the best purchases! I've always been a journaler or "diary-keeper," but as I've gotten older and my schedule busier I find I write less and less every year. But I always love looking back at entries past, reading what I liked and disliked, rereading my take on both the frivolous and monumental event in my life, and I'm comforted that I wrote these little moments down.

This little 5-year journal is fabulous! It has room for no more than a few lines a day (about 2-3 sentences), and tracks the dates over 5 years, so you can compare your April 5th, 2010 to your April 5, 2015...and see how your life has grown and changed. I've had mine for about 4 weeks now, and already I'm enjoying flipping back and seeing and remembering the little things.

image/chroniclebooks

16 comments

Anonymous said...

That is a fantastic idea! Where did you get it?

ashley maureen said...

that's great! i love that it only leaves room for a couple of sentences... i think the most daunting aspect of keeping a journal is that "having to take the time to write" feeling. this way, it only takes a minute or two! love it.

Stacy said...

Aw, I love it! :)

Mahta said...

This is excellent, I like it :)

taryn said...

what a great idea! i want one.... i'm the same. i used to write more than i do now. thanks!

Caroline said...

What a perfect little journal!

Anonymous said...

Found your site through a link on Bab's Babble. I'm a blogger too. I love this little book! A MUST HAVE for anyone who likes to journal but has little time!

Anonymous said...

Found your site through a link on Bab's Babble. I'm a blogger too. I love this little book! A MUST HAVE for anyone who likes to journal but has little time!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, i think you've just sold me one!

French Lover said...

This is such a great idea !! J'adore !!

megan and melissa said...

This is such a great idea...I am terrible at keeping a journal so maybe this would be something that I would really do. Thanks for the idea!
xoxo-Meg
fiddlesticksandfunnygirls.blogspot.com

Nicole Marie said...

love it. i need one

Rachel said...

I love this! I have really been slacking on my journal too. I love looking back and reading old ones, so I really wish that I found the time to do it more often.

blue moss said...

i bought one that is similar and was totally loving it...and promptly misplaced it. i just found it again and i'm so glad :)
i love only having to write just a little bit

Jessica Hoareau said...

I blogged about the new version of this - "one sketch a day" (http://justpressedprint.blogspot.com/2010/03/one-sketch-day.html)
Such a brilliant idea!

Color Me Green said...

this is a great idea. i just finished the book The Happiness Project, and one of the things she did to work on being happier was to do a one line daily journal to help her cherish her memories. i should think about doing this...easier than a real journal and helps you remember the important things.