Foodie Friday - Figs

I made this fig pizza for dinner last night, and it was fabulous (if I do say so myself). I followed the recipe fairly closely, I substituted whole-wheat dough, and omitted the prosciutto (only because I forgot to pick it up at the grocery story). Nonetheless, the ingredients on hand still came together to make a tasty little concoction. My favorite part of the mix was the balsamic vinegar-brown sugar reduction, the sweetened syrup really brought out the flavors in the figs.

image/healthydelicious

7 comments

Thao said...

Oh, my! I'm going to have to try making this soon. I love proscuitto and fig together!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That sounds amazing! Figs are so decadent!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

That looks just delicious! My favorite pizza is tomatoes, cheese, and balsamic vinegar -- brings out the best flavor in the pizza!

Astrid (Mrs.B) said...

That sounds gorgeous. I love figs!

You've got a lovely blog!

the southern hostess said...

This sounds so good! I love figs on pizza. Great blog!

Caroline said...

That pizza just looks like heaven!!! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Lauren said...

yay! I'm always so happy to hear when people have success with my recipes- I'm glad you liked it!! I actually used whole-wheat dough wqhen I made it for myself too. :)