Holiday in Michigan

I'm off to the Midwest my dears - flying into Chicago tonight and then driving to the Lake Michigan coast Friday morning. The reason for my vacation - meeting my boyfriends parents for the first time!!

He's a Midwesterner at heart - born and raised in Michigan, so we're making the trek back to his home turf. We're meeting up with his parents up in the picturesque beachy town of South Haven, staying at a B&B, enjoying the sea and shore, and soaking up the last few days of summer before heading to a friend's wedding Saturday night.

Have a fantastic weekend! Cheers!

images/michpics

14 comments

Vivian said...

Have a great, hopefully relaxing trip! Good luck with the meeting of the parents- I'm sure they'll love you!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Fun! Have a great time!

Caroline said...

Have a wonderful time!! I love Michigan! My husband and I will be going there in November to visit family. All of his side is from there. Enjoy your time!!!

the southern hostess said...

Have fun and good luck with the parents! :)

Thao said...

Ooh, South Haven's great! And yay for Chicago and Lake Michigan. Have a blast!

lauren said...

i hope you have a lovely time on my state's west coast!!

rap and tric said...

i adore South Haven... and Grand Haven too. enjoy your trip!

You Are My Fave said...

Oh, have fun. Guy's parents are just usually happy that any girl likes their son so you already have it in the bag.

heather{land} said...

Are you sure you don't want to make a detour to Omaha too? :) have fun!

Kim said...

Good luck meeting the parents! Have a great time :-)

teresa-bug said...

So jealous, I am! I grew up in Chicago and Lake Michigan was our 'beach'. I loved to stay at B & B's in Michigan. Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Anonymous said...

hi michelle, good luck with meeting the parents! the photo of the lighthouse and waves is spectacular. have fun on your trip...my parents just got back from the midwest and they enjoyed themselves lots!

KT Mac said...

Hope you had a wonderful weekend in my home state! Can't wait to see it myself this upcoming weekend.