Blog Interview - Lost in Translation

Thank you to Vivian of the lovely blog Lost in Translation for participating in my 2nd ever blog interview. I absolutely adore Vivian's blog, being a teacher myself, I've thoroughly enjoyed reading about her experiences teaching abroad and traveling throughout Korea and various parts of Asia. I asked Vivian a few questions and here are her candid responses.

1. What quotation best reflects you and what you’re all about?
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do".
-Mark Twain
{I definitely don't want to be remembered as "the girl who didn't go to Paris"... remember that episode from The Hills? My worst nightmare}.


2. What is your current blog crush?
I always have more than one crush! Blog Goggles {http://bloggoggles.blogspot.com/} for being so hilarious and stylish. Just a Girl in a City {http://kelly-braden.blogspot.com/} for brightening up my daily life. Des in Real Life {http://des08.blogspot.com/} for introducing me to new movies and music. And so many more.

3. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
Make a movie. And travel the world. I'd go back to Seoul, to visit my friends. Go back to Japan. Go to South Africa and New Zealand, and to Scandinavia.

4. What is your favorite movie? Why?
Lost in Translation (surprise, surprise). Because it made me fall in love with Asia.... because it reminds me of it... and because I can relate to the main character's vulnerability.

5. What is your favorite thing to smell cooking in the kitchen?
A strawberry shortcake on a hot summer night.

6. What do you miss most about childhood?
Playing with My Little Pony, spending summer afternoons in the pool, and ballet.

7. What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen?
The old, mysterious back streets of Kyoto, lined with tea houses.

8. If your life were a movie, what song would play during opening credits?
"Into the Groove(y)" by Ciccone Youth. It's a Madonna cover by Sonic Youth, but it's stylish and avant-garde, and I just love it.

image/imdb

5 comments

Vivian said...

Aw, thank you so much for featuring me! It was so much fun to answer the questions. I love your blog as well, I discovered it while I was in Seoul, and I loved that you were also a teacher :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

The answer to number 3 is perfect. And I listened to the "Into the Groove(y)" song and I really enjoyed it.

Nicole Marie said...

vivian, number 1 is perfect. exactly how i feel. and try to live my life like that.

Iva Messy said...

this is such a great interview! Number 1 is beautiful!