One Eventful Birthday...

Thanks for all the blog love and birthday wishes. My birthday was...eventful. Let me tell you about it...

At school at 7:45, with kids starting to line up in the hallway outside my classroom my boyfriend called my classroom in excruciating abdominal pain, thinking his kidney stones had returned. Eek! Since he's not from the Seattle area, he has no family out here, thus no one to take him to the hospital - sans a cab...

This is where I come in; the wonderful, amazing girlfriend to the rescue, da da DA DA! My friend and fellow teacher next door to my classroom thankfully got my class started on morning work while I rushed him to the emergency room, hustled back to school, and had my kids starting on literacy at 8:45. It turned out to be kidney stones as he'd thought and a few X-Rays later, he was prescribed pain medication and discharged. So...I drove back to the hospital, picking him up while my class was in P.E. and headed back to school just in time for math! I was already physically and emotionally exhausted by 11:00 AM!

While my 27th didn't turn out exactly as planned, my boyfriend gave me a fabulous gift, flowers, and I ended up doing dinner + wine with my mom. We've rescheduled our *surprise* dinner together for another night when we can truly enjoy it together. So all in all, my birthday had a few unexpected hiccups, but inevitably was a great day!

image/greenlight

16 comments

Unknown said...

Oh no! Well, at least your birthday gets to last a bit longer!

Keri said...

Ohh you're such a good girlfriend, he is so luck he has you! Who else would drive back and forth between school and the hospital on their birthday to help someone else.
Hopefully your class still had a chance to sing you happy birthday

Keri
http://inspire-keri.blogspot.com/

Caroline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caroline said...

Yikes.. at least everyone ia ok and yes, your bday does get to last longer. Happy Birthday again!! xo

Anna said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday. Kidney stones do not sound fun. He's lucky to have you!

erika sorocco said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday!! :)

Marisa said...

happy birthday and glad you were able to make the best of an unfortunate situation!

Vivian said...

Oh my, what a day!! Happy to hear he's okay, and that you still had a lovely day :) x

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Thank goodness he is alright!

Jackie said...

Oh my, sorry to hear you had a hectic birthday. At least you still have a fun dinner with your man to look forward to!

the southern hostess said...

No fun! Glad you're still smiling!

Christine Vi said...

That sounds very eventful! At least it wasn't anything more serious. Did your students sing happy birthday to you?

Sara said...

oh I am sorry about that... I hope you have a wonderful birthday week though!

Magatha-May said...

oh, I'm so sorry that you had such an eventful morning. I hope your boyfriend is feeling better soon and you get to do something wonderful together.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Oh no! I hope he feels better soon!

Carissa Thilgen said...

what a dramatic birthday! I hope your boyfriend is feeling better! even though the day didn't go as planned, I'm glad that at least it ended on a good note! dinner and wine with your mom sounds lovely... and you still have your surprise dinner to look forward to!