On The Wings Of Love

Have you seen The Bachelor yet this season? Jake "The Pilot" as he was often referred to in Jillian's reign, is the Bachelor this time 'round, and he's the cheesy, sappy romantic you love to hate. I watched the premier with my teacher friends, and we had plenty to make fun of; the girls outfits, the not-so-subtle background soundtrack of "On The Wings of Love," oh ABC, what will you do for us next. Yet, despite the sarcasm and ridicule, I do continue to watch this show. There's just something about good/bad reality TV, I must say. Are there any Bachelor watchers out there? If so, what are your thoughts on the new pilot du jour... image/abc

8 comments

Nicole said...

The Bachelor is my guilty pleasure! But, this season, I find myself laughing, smirking, and rolling my eyes a lot more than past seasons. I don't know if it's the girls they have now, or if it's the not-so-subtle 'I'm an awesome dude' moves the cameras capture, which I'm sure are on purpose.

I'll continue to watch it, though, especially since it's a nice hour to just rot my brain and not think about anything else!

Allison said...

I keep watching it too despite the fact I find it completely ridiculous. I just can't get over how CRAZY those girls are!

A New England Girl said...

I have only begun watching this season, and that's because Ali is from a small town [Williamstown] next to me. I've known her - we're not really friends or anything, just many mutual friends - since HS and I just had to see someone I knew on one of these cheesy reality shows. :)

tintarosa said...

I promised myself that I wouldn't watch. I've rented seasons one and two of mad men to fill the void.

Vivi said...

Oh, I'll admit that I've watched it too. It's so bad it's good! :)

Kim said...

ou should read this: http://aiminglow.com/2010/01/the-bachelor-as-it-happened/

:) You're welcome.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

He is ridiculously cheesy and way to positive. It bothers me!! What district do you teach in? We had a Bachelor party too with teachers!

Anonymous said...

This is one of the times I HATE living in Europe! I started watching the Bachelor last week while I was home in the States on vacation, but this week I'm back in Sweden. No pilot :-( So sad.