Olympic Fare

While it seems Valentine's Day is just around the corner, I admittedly am more excited about the Winter Olymics. Not that I don't love my special someone, I just love the camaraderie, competition, and blending of cultures that comes 'round every couple of years for the games.

Being in Seattle, we aren't too far from the hype - Vancouver, B.C. is just a few short hours North. One thing that has me intrigued about the Olympic Village is the cuisine! Seattle Times had an article in the Sunday paper entitled - Gold-Medal dining in Vancouver. One of the Vancouver native's favorite eats: Japadog - Japanese inspired hotdogs. In lieu of ketchup and mustard, try grated relish, special soy, and green onion. Here's a pic of the famous "Oroshi" dog at Japadog. When in Vancouver...

images/seattletimes

7 comments

Jenni said...

hmmmm interesting....I tell you the more I hear about seattle the more I love it!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh I love the winter Olympics almost more than the summer ones, I think! I'm jealous you're so close!

Emily said...

I have lived in Vancouver most of my life and I'd have to say that I have never heard of that before. Out of curiosity I'd like to try it but I can't say its a regular here in Vancouver.

You Are My Fave said...

The Olympics are so much better than Valentine's Day. I can't wait!

Vivian said...

So fun!!! It must be pretty good, with the onions and soy sauce... I'm curious about it! Yes, the Olympics are super exciting indeed, and you are so close to all the action. Are you feeling the buzz in Seattle? I'm sure there will be plenty of tourists!

Becs said...

I live in Vancouver, and those hot dogs are to die for! The one with the seaweed, caramelized onions and mayo is my fave. Mmm.

Anonymous said...

I am always full-on obsessed with the Olympics. Every two years I get so excited! I cannot wait :-) I also want that hot dog!