Cook du Jour

Last night my girlfriends and I celebrated my friend Carla's birthday with a group cooking class. It was such a great time! We signed up for Hipcooks, "hands-on cooking classes for the novice and seasoned cook...Measuring implements are banned, tasting is encouraged, and your inner chef is invited to play!"

It was so much fun, we tied on our aprons and got our hands messy while creating an Iranian feast, as our class theme was "Persian Immersion." Carla is a self-proclaimed Hipcooks "junkie," and chose the class because being a seasoned cook herself, she admitted knowing very little about Persian food.

We made
  • Maast-o Khiar: Cucumber salad with herbed meatballs
  • Shirin Pollo: Chicken and saffron rice jeweled with almonds, pistachio, orange peel & barberries. Tadig, too.
  • Khoresht-e-fesenjan: Luscious chicken stewed with walnuts & pomegranate.
  • Rosewater-cardamom ice cream

Everything was delicious! Can't wait to take another class!!

8 comments

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun! I'll have to check them out when I'm in charge of planning my groups girls night out...thanks!

samantha ramage said...

omg, such a fabulous idea for a birthday celebration! it's making me hungry!

xo
sami

Jillian said...

i don't even know what rosewater cardamom is, but it sounds absolutely delicious and i want to try it!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great girls night!!

Erin said...

rosewater cardamon icecream!? yes please!

Stevie said...

I LOVE Iranian food. Sounds like my kind of class - I like to experiment in the kitchen by just throwing a bunch of ingredients together. I never measure anything (which is why I don't like baking all that much). I'll have to look into it!

meghan said...

I would love to go to a cooking class like that. I love cooking different cuisines, and sometimes it's hard to figure that stuff out on your own.

Persian Tea said...

that menu sounds fabulous! made my mouth water!
I, of course, LOVE persian food :)