Salad Savvy: Roasted Portobello Mushroom and Blue Cheese Salad

In an effort to eat "greener," literally, one of my goals for 2011 is to eat more salads. I'm a carbs girl at heart; I gravitate toward pasta, potatoes, and bread over salads any day. The exception of course being when I'm at home and my mom makes her signature salad, which are always brimming with good stuff, pomegranate seeds, almonds, apples, and beyond.
So I'm going to start a new recurring post, entitled "Salad Savvy." For the days I take the time to make myself a healthy, gourmet lunch. Yesterday's lunch was straight from my new Martha Stewart Everyday cookbook, Roasted-Portobello Mushroom and Blue Cheese Salad. YUM!

7 comments

Anna Walker said...

Oh my gosh! You are just like me! I am a carb girl all the way, but I kind of definitely want to change that! Seriously!
I love the salad idea!

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

... said...

I am definitely a carb girl too. I like the idea of the salad post. Your mom's salad sounds great.

Anait said...

I am a carb girl, as well! But that salad looks scrumptious, and I love mushrooms! Maybe I'll have to take a similar initiative! :)

Anonymous said...

I <3 Pasta but I cannot wait to see your regular Salad Savvy posts as we are always saying we should do more salads and I look forward to some great ideas!

Anonymous said...

I will completely be tuning in for your salad posts. I need a little more green in my diet :)

Leslie said...

Yum! That looks delicious. :) That's such a neat idea to do posts on salads; maybe I'll get some good ideas and get inspired. I love carbs so.

Anonymous said...

I completely understand. The hubs and I have been talking about cutting some of the carbs around here. Now, let's just see if he can actually *do* it... :)