Going Gray

I've decided to paint our bedroom. Now this poses a challenge when you live in a house that's already bold with color. When I bought this house last year, part of what drew me to the place was the color within. While I've always liked bold colors in theory, I didn't know if I'd ever have to guts to paint a wall such a statement color myself. But, as it turned out, I moved into a house already cloaked in deep reds and greens.

Initially I had thought we'd paint the bedroom with a cream or light tan color. Casual and cozy, right? I taped color swatches to the wall for a few weeks, but nothing looked just right. So instead in an effort to keep up with our unique house, we decided on a pale gray with blue and white accents. I haven't seen many gray bedrooms but I found some inspiring photos (see above) that give me hope!

9 comments

Diana Mieczan said...

I really like grey colour and paired up with some cozy yellow bed sheets will look amazing:)
Kisses and have a lovely day

Ps: I am hosting a charming scarf GIVEAWAY today, just in time for cozy Christmas!

Nicole Marie said...

oh yeah i bet it'll look great!

A New England Girl said...

Yay!
I just recently painted our bedroom a gray (Martha Stewart's Bedford Gray from the Home Dept line) and the color is fantastic! I have had so much fun with accent colors... and the grey base to work from is beautiful.
Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

Anonymous said...

do it! i'm dying to paint my room gray (but it's a rental). i love the top right photo.

Leslie said...

Gray seems like such a great choice! It's such a cozy color.

Unknown said...

I love gray + yellow. Our curtains are yellow and our bedspread is gray and I love it!

Carissa Thilgen said...

gray is a surprisingly versatile and beautiful color. I mean, just look at that photo with the yellow bedding. it just POPS against the gray! :) love it. I think you made a great choice. I hope you'll share some pics when you're done!

Allison {Live Love Small} said...

i heart gray! go for it!

Leesh said...

I like the pale gray with blue and white combo. Good choice.

Cream and tan is so boring.