30

It's been such a whirlwind week, I haven't even had a moment to write about my birthday!  Last Saturday I turned 30 (gasp!).  I celebrated with my besties at a friend's cabin in Leavenworth, Washington, a charming, German-inspired town, blanketed in snow.  

On Saturday, my actual birthday, I woke up to the house covered in shiny, Happy 30th streamers, and bedazzled decorations (all coordinated by my wonderful husband).  The rest of our friends arrived, making a total of 13, and we spent the day lounging with gossip magazines, taking leisurely walks in the snow while boys played an inventive game of basket-football.  Our plan for dinner was to do a progressive around-the-world dinner, starting at 6:00 with Asia, 7:00 Europe, 8:00 Central/South America, and 9:00 America.  Needless to say there was plenty of food and beverage options.  

We had just started digging into our Asian appetizers (spicy chicken lettuce wraps, spring rolls with dipping sauces, and mai tais), when a surprise walked in.  My parents, sister, and her boyfriend walked in the kitchen and yelled SURPRISE!  Surprise indeed!  Katie and Greg had flown up from LA for the weekend and my parents drove them over, all to surprise us for my birthday dinner!  We had cake and sang happy birthday, among other festive songs, and had a raucous good time!

All in all, it was one of the best birthdays ever.  I can tell that 30 is going to be a great year!

{my birthday cake at the party pictured above}

10 comments

tNt said...

Sounds like one great birthday party :)

Happy Birthday!

Tiffany @ Savor Home said...

Such a great time! Welcome to the 30's! You will love it!

Ashlee Gadd said...

Happy birthday Michelle! That little shindig sounds just perfect!

Melanie said...

Happy birthday!!! What an awesome surprise!! It sounds like it was an extra special day :)

Taylor {CoverGirl + Converse} said...

Sounds like a great party! Glad it was fun!
xoxo
CoverGirl + Converse

Sarah Alway said...

Happy birthday! I love Leavenworth so much, I need to plan another trip there!

Erica said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had an awesome time celebrating :)

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Glad you had such a great birthday! That is SO cool Katie flew up to surprise you - sounds like a fantastic weekend! I have a feeling 30 will be a great one! :)

molly pinto said...

Happy Birthday Michelle! xo

Letters from a Mermaid said...

sounds like a real treat! happy belated birthday! I am so happy I came across your sweet blog!i hope you follow back so we can stay in touch xoxo

just followed you!