Movie Night

Have you seen Pitch Perfect?  It's pretty entertaining, plus the added bonus of a few catchy musical/dance numbers.  Starring a lot of the same actresses from What to Expect When You're Expecting; Elizabeth Banks, Anna Kendrick, and Rebel Wilson.  The premise, a college girl choir's competitive and dramatic road to Nationals.  Sounds a little bit like Glee, I realize as I type this, but this movie was way funnier.  

Now take into account the plot isn't Oscar-worthy in the least, it's totally predictable, and characters burst into song and dance spontaneously.  If that still sounds appealing to you, definitely rent it for yourself!  I was laughing out loud throughout :)

8 comments

Mary said...

As a 38-year-old, I'm certain I'm not in its target demographic, but I LOVED that movie! It's hilarious, fresh, and sweet. Totally predictable of course but still enjoyable every minute along the way.

Hitha said...

I may or may not have watched the movie multiple times since watching it on the flight home from Thailand. I've also been listening to the soundtrack nonstop on Spotify! Awesome movie :)

Ashlee Gadd said...

Watched it a few weeks ago and loved it!

Kristin said...

We just watched this last night! It was pretty silly but entertaining and made us laugh!

Megan said...

Actually picked this up from RED BOX last night too !!! It was so good and Anna Kendrick is becoming one of my favorites.

Elle Sees said...

this is on my rent list!!

meme-and-he said...

I loved What to Expect When You're Expecting, so I am sure I would love this too :)

henning love said...

oh my gosh this movie is certainly entertaining!! i liked rebel wilson she was a hoot in this movie for sure