The Walrus And The Carpenter

I found a new watering hole in Seattle - The Walrus and The Carpenter, located in the lively neighborhood of Ballard. Nestled in a converted warehouse type space, the decor had lots of whimsical charm - oysters on ice, a chandelier built of branches, and a behind the bar crew of sous chefs sporting striped Royal-Tenenbaums-esque headbands.

The food and cocktail list was inventive, creative, and like the decor - unique. My friends and I really enjoyed everything we ordered - in particular the watermelon panzanella and cremeux de bourgogne with pickled plums. When we arrived for happy hour, the place was nearly empty, and by the time we departed there was standing room only. What a fun find!


12 comments

Marisa Seguin said...

I love the Ballard area! I'll have to check this place out next time I'm in Seattle. Loving that chandelier!

the southern hostess said...

I've been wanting to go here! It looks so cute and everything sounds yummy.

Diana Mieczan said...

That is such a great find:)
Kisses

Pretty Zesty said...

This place looks AWESOME!

Linda said...

This place is on my to try list. Hubby and I love oysters.

the chirpy bird said...

Oh my oh my! My beau and I are in much need of a vaycay! Thanks for the inspiration! Such a great find!
xo tash

Visions through my retina said...

omg that chandelier is AMAZINGGGGG

Lili said...

Even more reason to return to Seattle now! I don't remember if I ever visited the Ballard area but it looks like it'll be a destination for me for sure.

Anonymous said...

You went to Walrus and the Carpenter! I live about a mile away and still haven't gone. I really want to, it looks so chic.

Carissa Thilgen said...

sounds great! and I love that chandelier!

Sonja said...

oooh nice! This looks like a very cool space!

Erika Peterson said...

I heard about this place and really would like to try it! Another new place in Ballard I'd like to try is Staple and Fancy.