Weekend in Review

This weekend was a busy one for me. Saturday, my parents joined my bf and I at our local state fair - The Puyallup Fair. Puyallup is located about an hour outside Seattle, and the fair is the city's claim to fame. It truly is quite an event as it runs 7 days a week for 3 full weeks. And this past Saturday was an especially gorgeous sunny day, so the crowds were out in full force.

I haven't been to the fair in a few years, and this year was nice to just mull around and see indulge in delicious and un-nutritious fair foods like corn dogs, caramel apples, roasted corn, strawberry shortcake, and of course - Puyallup's signature fair scones.

We perused the barns, cows, goats, pigs with piglets (so cute), horses, even the chickens and birds. This barn was particularly entertaining as there were some funny looking hens in here! Check out the long legs on this little guy!
Saturday night, as if we hadn't gotten enough fried foods in us, we headed out to Fremont Oktoberfest - a favorite annual Seattle event of ours. We met up with friends, sampled some local beers, and enjoyed some savory brats. All in all, a fantastic festivity-filled weekend!

9 comments

Diana Mieczan said...

You weekend sounds so fun and busy...I love fairs:)
Kisses and enjoy your Monday

summer said...

thank you SO MUCH for stopping by the blog and leaving me such a sweet comment! i'm always so excited to have a newcomer!!

ps. please do let me know how the apple crisp turns out! i'm crossing my fingers you'll love it.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Yay for Oktoberfest!

Pretty Zesty said...

That's a cool lookin' hen!

Linda said...

We missed the Puyallup this year. It just didn't work out for us to go. It's a great fair. Glad you had a good time!

Anna Walker said...

Oh my goshI now want to make that for dinner! AND I am glad you had a good weekend!

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

Tiffany Kadani said...

How fun! You're making me want to go to Seattle! And I absolutely love that you went to the fair. So fun and whimsical.

Erin {pughs' news} said...

I've never been to it, but I will never forget the commercials for the Puyallup Fair from when I was a kid... "Do the Puyallup!"

We did a fall fair last weekend. So fun, and my boys were in their glory riding the bumper cars...

Brandi said...

I heard about this fair! It sounds like it was tons of fun. They had something similar in San Diego a few months back, and it was a blast. Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog today. I love when nice comments lead me to awesome blogs (like yours, obviously). It's like winning the lottery.