Dinner Last Night

Dinner last night was Root Vegetable Stew with Gruyere Crostinis. This week my CSA box provided me with a handful of plump carrots, and since I've never been a fan of carrots a la carte, I figured I needed to find some vegetables to accompany them. Since using my CSA produce supports my personal goal to eat more seasonally, what better than to add root vegetables - which have just arrived on the veggie scene.

Truth be told, I've never cooked with a rutabega or a turnip before, but they're easy enough (slightly tougher than potatoes). Ultimately the dish turned out great! The garlic and rosemary really added an aromatic flair, and the gruyere toasts were a nice compliment (I could have eaten many more of these...).

7 comments

Melissa Blake said...

The perfect dinner for fall. Bravo! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I've just recently started loving root veggies. And every time I eat them I wonder why I wasn't eating them all along!

Signe said...

Ah, that looks amazing, and indeed a perfect warming dinner for this season :)

Nicki said...

looks like fall! :D

the chirpy bird said...

DEEELISH!! And if the savory option doesn't work out, always try sweet - hello carrot cake :)
xo tash

Brandi said...

Everything about this meal screams autumn indulgence. I just ate dinner but my stomach just did a little grumble for some of that. I can't wait to make this myself.

stephanie. said...

that looks amazing. as soon as it's not 100 degrees here i'll be making it!