Book Club

Tonight is my first book club meeting! My sorority friends formed our own book club as a fun way to organize a monthly get-together to see each other, catch up, and enjoy good reads and good company Our first book is a "chick-lit," Heart of the Matter, by Emily Giffin (author of the Something Borrowed, Something Blue series).

I wasn't expecting to have any real strong reactions to this book, but man...did this book annoy me! I'll have many thoughts to share tonight with my girlfriends as we gab literature over wine!

image/amazon

11 comments

Diana Mieczan said...

Book club sounds fun...I need to read this book:)
Kisses and have fun:)

ps: I am hosting a lovely GIVEAWAY, so please join in:) ...I bet you will love it!!!

Molly said...

This book totally bugged me, too! The whole time I was thinking, you idiot, you are making marriage way too hard. And her other books were so light and fun. Disappointed.

Lindsay said...

What a good idea! I'd love to be in a book club. You already know my thoughts on this book. Ugh!

Nicole Marie said...

you guys are so cute! we always talk about a book club but lets be honest we would not read and just get together and talk and eat like usual

marni zarr said...

i'm intrigued! i have to read this!!!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

yay! See you tonight!

Stacy said...

That's a bummer! I've read almost all the Sophie Kinsella books (Shopaholic), but 'Remember Me?' was awful. Such a bummer when you love a author and end up disliking one of their books. You can no longer say, "All of her books are AWESOME." haha :)

Carrie said...

I am on the same page as you with feeling annoyed with some of the characters! Looking forward to seeing you tonight!

Slices of Beauty... said...

Literature over wine...what a cool combo, enjoy!

ferina said...

Hi, I found many good books recommendation here. Thanks for sharing.

Brittany said...

i just started this book but i already don't like it as much as her others. but i'm intrigued enough to finish to the end.