Soon to be Delivered

I joined a CSA! A few of my friends convinced me to make the switch, and I'm now a proud soon-to-be recipient of local organic produce, delivered to my doorstep! How fabulous is that?! I ended up going with this local Seattle company - New Roots Organics, per some great reviews.

My first box is set to include cherry tomatoes, cucumber, corn, sweet peppers, heirloom fingerling potatoes, broccoli, spinach, dapple fire pluots, ginger gold apples, and local peaches. It was also slated to include rainbow chard and fennel - but I subbed those out for avocados and nectarines. Can't wait to start cooking!

9 comments

Stevie said...

YUM! I keep meaning to get back into the CSA. I used to get a box from Full Circle Farm but I'll have to check out New Roots Organics!

Enjoy! It all sounds so tasty.

the chirpy bird said...

Delish! How fantastic! Good for you, now comes the inspiration for all the wonderful recipes!
xox tash

the southern hostess said...

How exciting! I can't wait to hear what you come up with in the kitchen.

Caroline said...

It is wonderful!! I joined our local CSA three months ago and have been nothing but pleased AND it has forced me to get really creative with my goodies. Hope all is well and enjoy your fresh and local veggies/fruit!! XO

Linda said...

We talked about joining at CSA but haven't actually done it. Please share what you get. Perhaps it will spur me to do it too!

Karen said...

Thanks for the tip about new roots! I live in the same area and was looking for a recommendation for a good service. The box this week sounds great, going to sign up now!

Little Paper Trees said...

can't wait to see what recipes you come up with!

Diana Mieczan said...

That is so good...Well done...I cant wait to hear about all the yummy dishes you will make:)
Kisses

Marisa Seguin said...

I foresee some amazing meals! I've always wanted to join a CSA but I'm never around Milwaukee during prime growing season. Boo.