Coffee vs. Water

Do Seattleites drink more espresso than water?
What do you think?

Well...the answer is YES!  Check out this article, it's crazy to think that Seattleites truly consume more coffee than water on a daily basis.  While I'm not sure this is a fact to pride ourselves on, I can't say I'm terribly surprised.  Seattle is undoubtedly a coffee culture.  While other cities also enjoy their java, according to this article, Seattle is the only place in the US where this fact is true.

The article also states that part of this may be due to the fact that Seattleites avoid drinking bottled water (it's not green people).  In lieu of reaching for a bottle of water, we reach for coffee.  

Thoughts?  
What is the coffee culture like in your city?

image/bloom

7 comments

Melanie said...

In New York we have little coffee stands in the malls called "Seattle's Best". I gotta try it soon. I think the coffee culture in New York & New Jersey I hate to say is Starbucks & Dunkin Doughnuts. There is literally one or the other in every single town. We are highly caffeinated crazy drivers who are always trying to switch to Tea but constantly fall back to coffee. =)

Ergo - Blog

Lindsay said...

Oh I totally believe it. I was shocked by all the coffee places when I visited. I was expecting a lot of Starbucks of course, but there are so many others too. I love that!

Sarah Alway said...

I read this article today, too, and was not very surprised. I'm guilty of it, too! We have one of those one cup coffee makers at work and it's SO easy to just make a cup here and there throughout the day. I always have to remind/force myself to also drink water in between. (Filtered water, not bottled!)

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I totally believe it! And yay for Seattle for not drinking bottled water!

Unknown said...

Parisians definitely drink more coffee (and bad coffee!) then water. I think they might actually be afraid of water. Its so strange.

meme-and-he said...

yikes!!! I drink coffee every morning, but then I try to drink lots of water throughout the day. so hopefully it balances out?!

samantha ramage said...

i like the idea of drinking coffee better than the reality. ha!

xo
sami