November Chill

Cold has descended upon the Seattle area.  One minute it was breezy, crisp, and feeling very autumn, the leaves rich with color and full on trees...And then, what seemed like a nanosecond later, trees are bare, and streets are carpeted with yellowy red mulch, and a wintry chill hangs in the air.  Yesterday, the temperature read 32 degrees, but skies were dry.  Not quite snow season, but getting close. Now, I realize this may not be considered cold in your neck of the woods, but winter boots, scarves, and puffy coat weather has arrived here.  

I'm currently enjoying a four-day weekend off school, thanks to Veterans day and a parent/teacher conference day that I opted to not use (having done all of mine before/after school in recent weeks).  I've spent the morning combing my stack of fall magazines that usually sit idly as I can never find the time to read them, but now I am leisurely perusing for comforting, fall recipes.  

Here are some favorites on my "to cook" roster, gathered both the web and reliable stash of Martha Stewart Living, Cooking Light, and Real Simple magazines.








Now, let's see if I can really make every single one of these to enjoy at home!

image/bbb

5 comments

stefani said...

32 degrees is positively freezing! Says the girl that lives in the desert. Right now we are in the middle of a 2-day cold spell. It's 55-degrees today! eek! That cider recipe sounds pretty good right about now.

Melanie said...

Seriously, the climate is a little bit whacked out! In a week, NY got a hurricane, a snow storm, and tomorrow it's going to be 70 degrees. Weird?!?!?! That cider sounds yummy!!

Sarah said...

Those recipe's sound utterly delicious! I will have to try them, its officially winter here now too! But at least Christmas is not far away :)

Lovely blog!

Sarah

XxX

Sarah Alway said...

Man I feel like everyone except me has today off for Veteran's Day! I hate this period where the leaves are all mucky and the weather is so dreary.

Ashlee Gadd said...

Just pinned those scones. YUM.