Canopy Crush

When I was little, I always wanted a bed canopy. In elementary school, one of my good friends was privileged in our eyes to have one of those white mosquito net canopies hung above her bed. All of our girlfriends were envious of this coveted bedroom accessory. There seemed to be something inherently feminine and magical about this gauzy net that could completely surround your sleeping space.

While cruising blogs today, I came across an adult version of our childhood envy. This bedroom feel very Marie Antoinette to me, decadent but ethereal feel. What a lovely place to rest your head.

image via {this is glamorous}

1 comment

Sara Christine said...

This is gorgeous. It feels exotic but also cozy. The only time I've slept with a mosquito net, it was to actually avoid getting malaria, so I have a less nostalgic association. But still very pretty! :)