Dinner Last Night: Takeout Style Sesame Noodles with Cucumbers

We've had an abundance of cucumbers in our garden this summer.  A ton of cucumbers.  My husband has spent several nights in our hot, hot kitchen concocting batch after batch of pickles; some sweet, some bread-n-butter, some briny, some spicy...all of which are marinating in our fridge or filling up our pantry shelves, and still we have cucumbers.  

Time for a recipe that uses the word "cucumber" in the title. Thankfully, Deb of Smitten Kitchen always saves the day with takeout style sesame noodles with cucumbers.  And Deb, she's consistent, she has never let me down yet!  The recipe calls for thicker rice noodles, but I only had thin rice noodles on hand - which substituted just fine.  The sauce is kind of aaaaaamazing, it's like this peanutty, sesame-y, tahini-y blend of goodness.  I want to pour it on all my salads here on out.  Add a little chopped peanuts, cilantro, and allll the cucumbers, and we're in business.  I think our garden grown cucumbers were pretty stoked too, I mean really, how often do they get to be the star of the dinner show?! 

No comments