2015 Goals Recap

Following my blog traditions (7 years running!), here is my recap on achieving my 2015 goals...

+ worry less
Hmm...Well I tried.  I don't think I'll ever truly be able to share the worrier in me, but I think I've done a better job at letting go, stepping back, and taking a deep breath when things are beyond my control.  I still worry about lots of things, but I think I'm getting better at being present, enjoying the moment, and letting today be today, and leaving some of that worry behind.

+ read more books
This is true, while I haven't polished off any complete bookshelves, I definitely read more than my paltry 2 books in 2014.  This has spiked significantly since I discovered you can check out ebooks on your kindle!  WHAT!?  How did I not know this before?

+ get outside
We definitely took advantage of our gorgeous summer weather and got outside almost everyday.  We haven't been outside all that much with a newborn these past few weeks - but I think that's excusable, right? 

+ try and shop/spend locally
Um...not so much.  I'm a sucker for Amazon Prime and the convenience of a drive-through (especially with two kids in tow), however, I'm debating doing Starbucks-free in 2016.  If I tally up the amount of money I fork over to that company, it makes me cringe...  Thoughts? 

+ other random goals and ideas
…successfully make a poached egg - nope
…memorize a recipe for homemade pie crust -YES!  I did this and have made 9 pies from scratch
…wait to get to work to check email (i.e. not right when I wake up) - yes, definitely better
…make chocolate babka - not yet...
…drink more water - a definite improvement!
…finish my daughter's baby book - no but finished her 1st year in review video...

What are your goals or resolutions for 2016?

* * *

Past goals for 2015201420132012201120102009

3 comments

heather{land} said...

We use silicone poach pods! They work like a charm and less messy than traditional poached eggs :)

Jenny said...

I'm trying to drink more water in 2016...I think it'll forever be on my list of yearly goals. Why is this so hard?!?

Also, is it terrible that I somewhat consider Amazon Prime "shopping locally" since it's based in Seattle? I can't stop using it either! So that's partly how I justify it!

Unknown said...

ohh...!!! Good !!!
Keep sharing :)

writing essays for cheap