Dirty Dancing

The other night, my husband and I made a discovery, Dirty Dancing is streaming on Netflix!  Side bar - I've been pleasantly surprised with the increasing number of fantatsic blast from the past movies appearing on the streaming menu (i.e. Clueless).  Through talking we discovered that he has never seen the movie Dirty Dancing!  Ever! Granted, it is a chick flick, however, there is plenty of leggy dancers, sex appeal, and a decent plot line to keep a guys interest, or so I thought.

Long story short, we watch the movie, and about one third of the way through, he states ever so matter-of-factly, "So the whole point of this movie that she learns the dance routine to keep the other girl out of trouble and they fall in love?"  Me: "Well…um…yeah, I guess...but it doesn't sound nearly as intriguing a flick when you put it that way… (Sigh).  

3 comments

birdie to be said...

Ha... This was just on tv here in Dublin! Such a good classic.

Happily Ever Parker said...

I CANNOT believe you have never seen Dirty Dancing!! One of the all time best movies ever!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, my Balazs would say the same thing:) I LOVE Dirty Dancing:) Have a great day, sweetie