Wednesday, November 27, 2013


I'm feeling especially thankful this Thanksgiving, just to name a few...

+ I am thankful for my beautiful, healthy daughter.   I am thankful for my healthy pregnancy. I am thankful that I carried my baby to term, and for our smooth delivery.  I am thankful for the gift of motherhood.

+ I am ever thankful for my husband, who embraced fatherhood without the slightest hesitation, and is equally smitten with our little bug.  I am thankful to have him as my partner, and know we are on the same team in this parenting journey together.

+ I am thankful for my parents, to my mom who clears her schedule often to be available to help us out.  I am more thankful for my parents now more than ever, as I can now clearly appreciate and recognize what they went through to raise sisters and I.  It's very humbling.

+ I am thankful for gainful employment. Even though I'm reluctant to head back to work after the blessing that is maternity leave, I am thankful to have a job that has security.

+ I am thankful for my family.  My extended family is loud, boisterous, sarcastic, and full of life. Even though they're scattered across a handful of states, and we don't all come together nearly as often as I'd like, it is comforting to know they're just a phone call, or plane ride away.

+ I am thankful for my friends.  My girlfriends are a close knit group.  I know I can lean on any of them if need be, which in itself is a comforting thought.  We celebrate together, cry together, laugh together, and share a bond that has only strengthened through the years.

+ I am thankful for my life.  It has been a year of blessings and I feel especially grateful and happy this year.

What are you thankful for?


Teresa said...

Love this! Happy Thanksgiving!

Holly said...

isnt that the truth, about appreciating your parents more once you become a parent yourself!?

happy thanksgiving! enjoy :)

Diana Mieczan said...

What a beautiful post:) I am thankful for my husband, my family, our friends and the 2 most wonderful little dogs:) Happy Thanksgiving, darling. xoxo


Blog Widget by LinkWithin