Thankful

I'm feeling especially thankful this Thanksgiving, just to name a few...

+ I am thankful for my beautiful, healthy daughter.   I am thankful for my healthy pregnancy. I am thankful that I carried my baby to term, and for our smooth delivery.  I am thankful for the gift of motherhood.

+ I am ever thankful for my husband, who embraced fatherhood without the slightest hesitation, and is equally smitten with our little bug.  I am thankful to have him as my partner, and know we are on the same team in this parenting journey together.

+ I am thankful for my parents, to my mom who clears her schedule often to be available to help us out.  I am more thankful for my parents now more than ever, as I can now clearly appreciate and recognize what they went through to raise sisters and I.  It's very humbling.

+ I am thankful for gainful employment. Even though I'm reluctant to head back to work after the blessing that is maternity leave, I am thankful to have a job that has security.

+ I am thankful for my family.  My extended family is loud, boisterous, sarcastic, and full of life. Even though they're scattered across a handful of states, and we don't all come together nearly as often as I'd like, it is comforting to know they're just a phone call, or plane ride away.

+ I am thankful for my friends.  My girlfriends are a close knit group.  I know I can lean on any of them if need be, which in itself is a comforting thought.  We celebrate together, cry together, laugh together, and share a bond that has only strengthened through the years.

+ I am thankful for my life.  It has been a year of blessings and I feel especially grateful and happy this year.

What are you thankful for?

3 comments

Teresa said...

Love this! Happy Thanksgiving!

Holly said...

isnt that the truth, about appreciating your parents more once you become a parent yourself!?

happy thanksgiving! enjoy :)

Diana Mieczan said...

What a beautiful post:) I am thankful for my husband, my family, our friends and the 2 most wonderful little dogs:) Happy Thanksgiving, darling. xoxo