Day at the Movies

Yesterday, Riley and I ventured out to a "Mommy and Me" movie!  A local movie theater offers three movie options to moms and babes every Thursday.  There was about 10-12 other moms there, a few fussy moments, but a pleasant experience overall. The best part - when they take your ticket, you're handed a menu to order concessions from your seat!  Isn't that brilliant?  Needless to say, we enjoyed ourselves and it was a fun activity for mommy, although Riley was definitely intrigued by the screen.
We saw the movie "About Time," with Rachel McAdams, one of my favorite actresses.  When I heard this movie had the same director as Notting Hill and Love Actually, I knew I'd like it.  I do love me a British dramedy!  It's a sweet movie, and a perfect first movie out for a new mom, there's a few sentimental anecdotes about parenting that hit home for me.


7 comments

birdie to be said...

This is so fabulous! What a great idea. And I love the menus you get!

Ashlee Gadd said...

THIS IS THE CUTEST IDEA EVER. I need to get this in Sacramento somehow. Love it!

Happily Ever Parker said...

Oh I want to see this movie bad! I love that they have mommy & me showtimes. Very good idea!

heather{land} said...

That is such an awesome idea...and I am happy to hear this was a good flick -- it is on my list!

Christina @ Still Lucky said...

I would love to do something like this! I really want to see that movie too!

Teresa said...

You are so brave! I heard about those and wanted to go but never trusted that Myles could sit through it without shrieking! That movie looks good...

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

What a GREAT idea! I've never hear of that before but it makes so much sense!