Weeknight Baking: Rainier Cherry Crumble

It's Rainier cherry season around Seattle, and the bounty is plentiful at every market, farmers market, and fruit stand in sight.  Hence, it was the perfect time to try out this recipe, and I'm AMAZED how easy it is to make this rainier cherry crumble.  The most labor-intensive part was pitting the cherries.  I'm tucking the steps to make a crumble topping away in my memory bank to use with every other kind of season fruit throughout the year.  

It was delicious right out of the oven, and even better - it made an excellent breakfast this morning as well. :)

8 comments

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, I bet that is delicious. I brought some Rainer cherries to work today as an afternoon snack. Love em.

xx
Quiet Luxury


rooth said...

I do love crumbles, particularly the crumble part. I like the crunchy and sweet aspect with hints of sourness

Jillian said...

I just bookmarked this! It looks really good and I've never had a cherry crumble before.

Holly said...

im so jealous you are so close to where rainer cherries come from! they are so expensive here.

Leslie said...

I love, love, love cherries, so I'm so jealous that they are in season in your state. They never really come in season in VA. (My grandparents used to live in MT, and I remember all the cherries I would eat in the summertime). The crumble looks amazing!

Unknown said...

Mm, this sounds so super delicous!

Nicole Marie said...

i love love cherries! this looks so good!!

and i saw the pineapple salsa recipe too, but i'm allergic to pineapple :( so sad.

Jenny said...

Every time I buy Rainier Cherries they always get eaten before I get a chance bake them into anything!

Also, I've always found the task of pitting cherries to be daunting, do you use a pitter or do it by hand?