Last Great Book I Read

I brought this book on our honeymoon for poolside reading and devoured it. Season to Taste is a very unique, interested read. I'd heard about this book via another blog, and I'm glad I decided to pick it up.

The premise is this; an aspiring chef looses her sense of smell in a horrible car accident. Having to shelve her dreams of culinary school for the lack of having an ability to smell and therefore taste - the book details her journey through coping with this loss, and understanding how to live a life without smell. It is a very engaging story, unlike any other I've read. I had never ever contemplated NOT having a sense of smell, so it was very interesting to read about this experience is like firsthand.

It was a quick read - with some science woven in (but in an interesting way - I swear!)
Check it out!

image/amazon

8 comments

Claire {Beaktweets} said...

thanks for the rec! i seem to always enjoy your recommendations so i'll add it to my list!

Leslie said...

That sounds like an interesting premise. I'll have to check it out.

Tiffany Kadani said...

I am intrigued! What an interesting story line!

Unknown said...

Wow - sounds pretty great! And reminds me of Grant Ashatz who has no sense of taste because of his tongue cancer (I think it's tongue).

Natalie said...

sounds like a really interesting book, never thought about what it would be like without a sense of smell... how horrible not to be able to taste!

casey said...

Sounds super interesting!! Thanks for the recommendation!

Linda said...

Sounds really good. I'll pick it up!

Stevie said...

Sounds great! Just added it as to-read on Goodreads!