Book Club

Last night was my book club! This month, our book selection was The Summer We Read Gatsby, by Danielle Ganek. In a nutshell, we all pretty much unanimously disliked the book. Knowingly, Carol, our host, suggested an additional book as "extra credit," The Hunger Games. Skip the first book, and go right to that!

However, we didn't let a 'blah' book damper our evening in the slightest. Our version of book club is super casual, less of a meeting, and more of a social gathering to catch up with good friends over wine and sustenance. Carol graciously made us dinner too, Ina's tomato-basil soup and grilled cheese sandwiches on crusty bread, while we recapped the book and everything else under the sun. I can't wait for the next book!

image/amazon

3 comments

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

So happy you could come!! Hunger Games was a way superior book!

Callie Grayson said...

I have the hunger games in my long list of books to read. I can not wait to read the series
Xx
Callie

Carrie said...

I completely agree. I need to get reading Catching Fire and Mockingjay!