Summer To-Do List

Only 3 more days of school! With the closing of one year comes goodbyes and sadness to bid my wonderful class adieu. Mixed with those nostalgic feelings are those of excitement as the summer season dawns and we welcome lazy days, sleeping in, working out on a consistent schedule, and of course, catching up on my ever-lengthening to-do list.

Here's what's up for the summer (in addition to my big trip to Japan, of course):

1. Go to the zoo
2. Enjoy Sunday BBQ at new Seattle eatery Joule
3. Make Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon
4. Have my grandma teach me how to make a pie
5. Take a class (sewing, sailing, croissant-making?...)

I'm sure there will be many more additions to come, but this is my starting 5. I'll keep you posted on how I do. What's on your summer to-do list?

image/erineverafter

13 comments

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, that's a good list! Mine includes:
1) Six weeks of quality time with my boyfriend (who lives across the ocean).
2) Take the Sound of Music bus tour (a little nerdy, I know).
3) Read at least three books.
4) Master the art of pizza making.
5) Get back into writing short fiction, completing at least one piece.

Thao said...

Your list sounds so pleasant! I want to do all of the last three things on it. Our list just includes taking it easy, doing good work, and taking time to love each other well! Oh, and of course, our minimoon to the San Fran. :) Have a great day!

Allison said...

1. lots of laughing.
2. lots of sun.
3. lots of drinking.
4. lots of kissing. or as i say smooching.
5. lots of laughing. again. more of it.
6. lots of reading.
7. lots of stella time. (stella is my french bulldog)
8. lots of friend time.
9. lots of cooking/baking.
10. lots of art making.
3 days away for me too! Congrats!

Mary said...

That's a good list - I need to add more items to my list that are focused on me. Most of mine are for my kids. Except Sangria Saturdays. Those are for me. ;-)

http://mwazloves.blogspot.com/2010/06/summer-of-fun.html

Leigh said...

i LOVE the zoo!! my only summer goal was to get a job... and i finally did!! woot woot!!

Diana Mieczan said...

I dont have one yet....But I will write one tonight...I adore your list and I love that you are going to Japan:)
Kisses sweetie and have a fun day!

Nicki said...

yay for the summer! can't wait to see pics of your pie! my summer to do list is here: http://scrapsofcolor.blogspot.com/2010/05/summer-is-almost-here.html

Elle said...

Oh the zoo is on my list too! that and a picnic, everytime i plan one it rains!

carolina @ patagonia gifts said...

oh lucky girl! I'm so longing for summer... xo

Raquel said...

Ooh, making a strawberry rhubarb pie is now on my list! ;)

Julia Childs Bouef Bourginon is amazing. Do it asap. You won't regret it!

Anonymous said...

sounds so fun! i want to host a tea party -- outdoors would be even better!

Oh, My Darling said...

What a delightful list! Mine would include:

1. Have a lovely weekend picnic.
2. Bake new cupcake recipes
3. Run 3 miles regularly
4. Get back to crocheting
5. Visit friends in other cities

Lillian C said...

Sounds like a great summer plan!! :)
I'd love to take all those classes, bake some pies, and take a(nother) trip out to Japan!!
Cheers to having a fantastic summer :)