Glassybaby

In case you haven't heard of glassybaby, these little glass votives are all the rage (at least in Seattle). They're hand blown glass sold in a few locations around the Seattle area. But twice a year they have a seconds sale, where votives that are not considered "perfect" are marked down considerably, and on sale in an all-you-can-grab free for all.

This is what I did Saturday morning. My friend Makaela and I grabbed coffee, and went to the store to find a line that spanned 3-city blocks. The craziest thing was, the people in front of us drove 2 hours South from Bellingham to wait in line! We heard rumors of others driving in from Puyallup, and a rumored visitor from Alaska! Kind of crazy all this madness for glass!

Once we crept up the long line slowly, we realized the line was nothing compared to the warehouse - inside was a mad house! An all out glass brawl if you will, no holding back! We elbowed our way through the crowds and came out victorious, a few glassybaby's each. Success! All in all, it was a very exciting morning, and I was home by 11:30 AM!

image/glassybaby

6 comments

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I am so sad I was out of town - have heard about this crazy second sale though!! How low are the reductions?!

Diana Mieczan said...

That is great!!! I wish I would live there...
Kisses sweetie and have a great day!
Muah

I ♥ You said...

loving these! and loving all the charity they do! what a great company and what gorgeous goods!

the southern hostess said...

I love these! I'm sad I missed the sale, but yay for you.

heather{land} said...

mmmm. I need me some more glassybaby

Apt#34 said...

ah man, I missed the seconds sale?! Shoot. Well, my husband will be happy :)