Star Fruitful

It always makes me happy when star fruit appears on the grocery store shelves. I used to beg my mom to buy starfruit, not really for the flavor, but the whimsical shape. Call me easily amused, but was always exciting for me to dine on star shaped fruit for dessert.

Curious to see if this fruit has any potential other that aesthetic appeal and juicy flavor, I googled "star fruit recipes." Lo and behold, there are quite a few! While most incorporate star fruit as some type of dessert topping, this one I found to be rather intriguing...star fruit steak! Yes indeed, strange was my first thought, but those who've tried it gave it stellar reviews! Feeling adventurous in the kitchen?

image/bridgeband
recipe/allrecipes

1 comment

Ms Unreliable said...

The first time I took a star fruit to school for lunch (many many years ago), everyone was convinced that the shape of the fruit was my mothers work. I couldn't convince anyone otherwise either!