Prom!

My friend Jody and I went shopping one day and found a super cute sequiny black dress in Old Navy of all places and decided...hmm, where could we wear this? Vegas? No...too expensive. Where else...Prom?

With that, the prom party was born. On 4th of July Eve we hosted the ultimate prom party appropriately themed "IF I COULD TURN BACK TIME." We got a little into the decorations and bought stars to dangle from the ceiling, a disco ball, and many props for prom-themed photo ops. I painted the very prommy Seattle skyline backdrop, and poked Christmas lights through it to simulate stars. We kept the dress code pretty flexible, some people went true-to-form floor length gown prom, others went 80's, or thrift shop prom, all in all it was a great time!
images/myphotos

3 comments

Jody said...

pretty much the coolest party EVER!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

such a fun party! You girls did a great job!!!

I ♥ You said...

this is so fantastic! i wish i had thought of it! we had an 80's prom match party with a fraternity in college and my bff wore the most hysterical dress she found in a thrift store. she looked like peaches 'n cream barbie. love the back drop and prom photos!