Skincare Spotlight: Cleansing Balm

Starting up some little skincare spotlights on my favorite products. First up, the Beautycounter cleansing balm.  If you’re anything like me, upon first hearing of a product called "cleansing balm," I was like... uh, so what is it exactly?  When I think balm, my brain goes right to lip balm. So is it a lip balm for your face?  Let me set the record straight.  First, it’s a cleanser, a face wash and eye makeup remover, but don’t stop there. Also works as an overnight hydrating mask, and can be used for eczema spot treatments. 


The texture is unique, it’s kind of like a thick, viscous version of coconut oil, but it melts into the skin more easily, if you can imagine that. Packed with nutrients, raspberry and cranberry seed oils and amazing for hydration, even for the breakout prone like myself.  And truthfully, at first, I was a bit skeptical of the balm. Would it be like Noxema? The awful cleanser whose noxious smell peppered my preteen years. Not even close! This is the first true “balm” I’ve ever used as a face wash and I’m not sure I can ever go back. 

To apply, you take a dime sized amount using the provided scoop, rub across your face. The balm + massaging removes any makeup residue, which you’ll see as it’s pulled from your skin. Wipe off with muslin cloth that comes with cleansing balm (or wet washcloth), tone, and moisturize and you’re ready for bed. I also use it 1-2 nights per week to hydrate and then just wash my face in the morning. 

The jar will likely last you 4-6 months easy, and I can truly see a change in the texture and hydration of my skin. My skin used to flake occasionally when I applied makeup, and that is no longer the case. While I’m a consultant for Beautycounter, I don’t feel passionate about all of their products. But the ones that are effective, productive, and worthwhile, I sing the praises of. The cleansing balm is a solid favorite, I love, love, love it.

No comments