Recovering from Sickness

After almost two weeks of sickness (yes, two weeks)…first the non-flu virus (that felt and looked exactly like the flu), following by walking pneumonia…I am ready to be healthy again.  I haven't been this sick in a long, long time, and frankly, I'm utterly exhausting.  Here are some things that helped me slowly putter through these long, ill-feeling days.

+ Property Brothers, No Reservations, and Gilmore Girls among others streaming on Netflix, LOVE!

+ My new BFF, lemon-lime Gatorade.  We had a love/hate relationship during middle school track, but I'm now a believer again.

+ Holiday catalogs.  Hours entertainment perusing the latest holiday decor of Pottery Barn Kids, Restoration Hardware, Crate and Barrel, among others.

+ Urgent care.  Gotta hand to to clinics you can walk in and be serviced right away, no appointment necessary.

+ My amazing husband who has gone above and beyond as Super Dad, assuming every responsibility and more, as I was quarantined to my dungeon (...I mean basement).

+ Yankee Candle "Pantry Spice."  While my strong antibiotics have made me nauseous at every consumption, this is one of the few smells that didn't send me reeling.  

+ Homemade soup and bread from friends - thank you Liv!

+ My mom, who let me spend the night at her house for a night and took care of me like I was back in elementary school.  

Moral of the story: stay healthy out there, pneumonia is no fun!


2 comments

Leslie said...

I hope you feel better soon. I'm sorry you have been going through all of this.

heather{land} said...

Ugh. ILI (influenza-like illness) is the worst -- might as well just have the flu. Glad you are on the mend...feel better, my dear!