Fat Tuesday


We celebrated Fat Tuesday with the Polish tradition of paczkis, doughnuts filled with sweet fillings, and usually dusted with a sugary topping.  While they aren't quite as available here in Seattle as they are in the Midwest where my husband is from, we discovered our local Metropolitan Market carries them over Fat Tuesday.  Hence, our delicious weekday indulgence; I bought an apple-cinnamon, raspberry, lemon, and custard paczki and we enjoyed these delectable Fat Tuesday treats!
Later that night, I surprised my husbandwith homemade potato pierogis, another Polish tradition, somehow fitting in keeping with the theme of our day. 

Do you have any Fat Tuesday traditions?

3 comments

Leslie said...

Those look absolutely divine! I actually never have really done much to celebrate Fat Tuesday. It's sweet that you were able to do two of your husband's traditions. How fun!

Alexa said...

Oh my goodness those look delightfully delish!

Elle Sees said...

i've always wanted to try those!